Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
After noting the enmity and vituperation heaped upon me by members of this board I reviewed my previous posts. I can see where it came from--my posts were somewhat incomplete. I do not wish harm upon anyone. I would like to see the nations of the Middle East turn over all their terrorists to us to be placed in solitary confinement for life (and constantly shown Hollywood-produced fake movies of their own cities in flames). No one would be happier than I if the crisis be solved without a shot being fired nor a drop of blood being spilled.

But I don't think it will happen. And I don't think the suggestions of the kind folks who post here, if implemented, will be effective. The madmen want to turn the entire Middle East into a fundamentalist Islamic state and remove the abomination that is Western civilization from the planet. They will not stop killing us until they are stopped. I believe the only way to do this, unfortunately, is to show them beyond a shadow of a doubt that any action they take against us will only move them further, much further from their goal.

My wife had some friends who worked in the WTC. Fortunately they got out safely after the first crash. She has flown many times from Boston, NYC, Newark, DC and Atlanta to CA. In her current position she flies regulary from Portland to SF. I believe the next attack will be something along the lines of a suitcase nuke taking out a city. SF would be a good target. It's all a little too close to home.

I hope you guys are right, that we can stop it with measured responses, I really do. But I'm afraid that the 5,000+ dead so far is just the down payment on what's to come if we don't get really mean.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.