Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
After throwing TEN TRILLION bucks in stimulus at the economy, you sure hope that something is happening.

Were you really expecting 6% GDP growth on that 10 trillion. It did not change and was actually sputtering down before COVID hit. Every reliable metric shows that you only get 20c on the dollar when you inject at the top and rely on trickle down. Hey but you are at least admitting that Sonny ran up the bill by $10T, made Obama look like an amateur

It sure wasn't Biden's 'leadership', nor his killing 100,000 oil field jobs the first week in office.
Correct-amundo. Jobs to be, or not to be, are not the question

Not sure about Joes power naps, but I would bet on him to win a round of golf against Donny if they had to walk. Porkhus is porkus, walk up and smell the bacon, they all do it and I hate it too. I do wish that the government would do something useful and reclassify bacon as a kosher/halal herb.

And, of course, his minimum wage proposal, by his own government officials, will put 1.4 million workers out of a job.
That's interesting. I think the CBO did a reasonable job. You can pull from it what you want to suit your argument or you and actually read the whole thing for pointers. Couple of things need to be raised though. Firstly it is not Joe's report, it was performed under the Trump administration and then released last month with a little more rigor. The estimate of unemployment was an average of Monte Carlo simulations which came up with a range of 0 to 2.7 million jobs lost. Take the middle and you have 1.4, bottom line is that it is a crap shoot. But really interesting it assumed that there would be no change to GDP. Damn Joe if you'd have used the magic 6% that you inherited we'd be in happy street now

Rand Paul that well known ophthalmologist and part time garden wrestler put the number closer to 4 million and he should know, even if he does not care.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.