No. of Recommendations: 1
Again, the borrower has the right to redeem up to foreclosure and so to prevent a free ride a bank will still accrue the interest that would be required to catch up, it is just not recognized on the books as interest income during foreclosure.

Michigan allows redemption after sheriff's sale within a certain period, in this case extended. (The story is even stranger than that. I'll send you the whole thing privately, when I'm done writing it up.) Does that mean the actual amount that was needed to redeem would be the original principal as of date foreclosure notice was posted or that principal plus accrued interest for, in this case, almost a year from the time the notice was posted and 9 months after sale (law says to redeem pay back loan in full plus costs)? In writing it up, it there isn't accrued interest, I'll just drop the information about per diem interest.

You folks sure inhabit a strange world. This is going to be a novel, and this part is only one chapter.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.