Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
By a study of various characteristics and little facts along the way, I will now attempt to predict your ages within 5 years:

Ladies first....

Amy: Young enough to have small children - apparent schooling before children - redoing the schooling thing - old enough to write meticulously = 32

Cats: Grown children - experienced artist - wide range of knowledge that comes with maturity = 47

Oblood: saw picture - too mature to be a youngster - Fools wouldn't hire no 25 year old = 42

DJ: Has a daughter young enough to know that 20 lb. Yorkies are cool - but is old enough to get pissed off about Giant Pants = 34

jimmy4: = 4 years old. No, really - old enough to own a business after working elsewhere for several years - does the "boating" thing - has been around the block = 36

Dan: Tough call here - youthful energy - not old enough to hate anybody...yet = 28

OOLFAY: Sophisticated enough to make a living on eBay (is that right?) - seemingly mature businessman - still young enough to have the energy to run a gazillion auctions = 38

Cheeze: Saw picture - no grey hair - could be Grecian, though = 32

CLP: Writes like a 16 year old that never grew up - thinks Short Bus Kid jokes are funny - gets a huge kick out of roller-blading = unfortunately, 40

These are stab-in-the-dark estimates, and are not meant to be insulting in any way, okay? Just always wondered what you folks looked like, and how old you were. That's all.

Patrick

Print the post Back To Top
Dan: Tough call here - youthful energy - not old enough to hate anybody...yet = 28

You're off by six years.

Dan
No. of Recommendations: 6
jimmy4: = 4 years old. No, really - old enough to own a business after working elsewhere for several years - does the "boating" thing - has been around the block = 36

WRONG! I'm 37 and a half. Jeez, and you call yourself a detective.(Comment referencing 1940's name for detective deleted.) BTW, my moniker is in tribute to my son, JTM IV, now 5 and a quarter.

JTM III (who thinks Cat is closer to 40 than 50)
A message to our most generous detective:

All will be revealed from the Black Cat Pub on the 49th parallel, after a certain torturous item gets mailed to Revenue Canada at midnight tonight..........;)

MamaCat
No. of Recommendations: 4
Oblood: saw picture - too mature to be a youngster - Fools wouldn't hire no 25 year old = 42

A. I'm not mature
B. Less 25 year olds than before here, but back then one might have been your boss
C. I'm 42... congrats!

OB
No. of Recommendations: 4
Cheeze: Saw picture - no grey hair - could be Grecian, though = 32

Er... Yes. That's exactly right. Remarkable observational skill, Pat!

Cheeze
Pat- you've already got two! That's amazing...

Ever think about a career as a "Fool the Guesser" guy at an amusement park?

Dan (no pun intended on the Fool the guesser thingie.
Amy: Young enough to have small children - apparent schooling before children - redoing the schooling thing - old enough to write meticulously = 32

Patrick,

You SUCK. I am so offended. I won't be 32 for >26 weeks! This is an outrage.

<crossing arms, nose in air, NOT speaking to you EVER again>

Amy

P.S. Did I happen to mention that I'm feeling a little hormonal today? Oh, whatEVER, you should have known without my having to tell you. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT??!!
No. of Recommendations: 5
CLP=Kreskin

You were close for me, (since you erred on the "good" side), I'll let it slide.

Pretty amazing!

DJ
No. of Recommendations: 9
No cigar, Pat
Not even a mini-cigarillo!

But you did make my day! As much as it pains me to annihilate your superb average and to leave all you kiddies hopelessly stunned on the first day of May, permit me to say that this would not be news to the true detectives among you, who might have searched the real catfyre on the QS board in the past year (Quitting Smoking)

Who has been posting here? The child within. Perhaps I've helped to prove that that child never needs to grow up. (with or without vaigra!) Yes, I remember men selling apples on the street, ice wagons pulled by horses, no fridge, no phone, no television, and Hitler invading Poland. So there ya go! One of my three great-grandchildren is on her way to school as we speak, and within the hour I am off to the gym, and then back to the drawing board.

Cat - not even close to the ninth life
Patrick,

OOLFAY: Sophisticated enough to make a living on eBay (is that right?) Yes, when I retire(hopefully soon) from the day gig.

- seemingly mature businessman ---Thank you very much, sir! still young enough to have the energy to run a gazillion auctions = 38--Not even close!!! Old enough to be Amy's father, but, young enough, apparently, to my UTTER AMAZEMENT, to be Cat's son!?!?

OOLFAY
I remember men selling apples on the street, ice wagons pulled by horses, no fridge, no phone, no television, and Hitler invading Poland. So there ya go! One of my three great-grandchildren is on her way to school as we speak

Cat,

Crap. Does this mean that I have to be less aggressive when we're mud-wrestling?

Amy

P.S. OOLFAY could be my father?

Crap. Does this mean that I have to be less aggressive when we're mud-wrestling?

Nope. But watch out, - I'm back at the gym, and leg-press 180 with all five feet!

(I'm also in love again!)

*!*
Nope. But watch out, - I'm back at the gym, and leg-press 180 with all five feet!

Say what???

DJ the Horrified
Cats,

I sat down to write a reply to the single most amazing post I'd ever read, and for the first time in my big-mouthed life, had no words. I scrolled up and read it again, then scrolled back down to reply and....nothing. And then again. Right now I am just sitting here, staring at the screen, and....still....no....words. So I'll just use the one word that kept running through my mind as I sat there reading your post over and over:

AMAZING

Patrick Timothy Martin

P.S. No rec's for this one, please. That's nowhere near what this is all about. Thanks.

*!*

------------------------------------------------
Lucky Guy!!!

Take it easy on him, OK???

;^)
OOLFAY
I sat down for FORTY FIVE MINUTES to write one of my few serious replies to what I thought was a jaw-dropping post. I FINALLY hit "submit reply", came back to the board and saw that a few posts had been written in the interim. I clicked on the first one and Amy is talking about mud-wrestling. After that the discussion deteriorates further....and then my friggin' post appears.

Can this only happen on the friggin' Short Bus??? If so, I'm proud to be a member!

CLP
Take it easy on him, OK???

Not a chance!

(but I have it on the best authority, that former Marines can take it)

-.-
(but I have it on the best authority, that former Marines can take it)

Cool. I'll bet he has some great stories about the "Big One".

JTM (who just can't help himself)

cat!

Don't drop that bomb on us and then just clam up.... we need details!

OB
Cool. I'll bet he has some great stories about the "Big One".

The Phillipines, Okinawa, Japan, Taiwan, Viet Nam and Alaska.
ummm.... but you see it's like this, Jimmy, - that's not exactly what we've been talking about, so I don't exactly know.....

purring,

-.-
Don't drop that bomb on us and then just clam up.... we need details!

Maybe you shouldn't get me started, OB!

OK , this is the choice part: Vive l'Internet! It was first love for both of us in 1944. We lost track of eachother, he did his tour of duty, then tried but never found me again because I changed my name, - 57 years later, I registered at Classmates.com, so did he, he sent me an email, and here we are - socko, all over again!

Is that wild or what?!

*!*
57 years later, I registered at Classmates.com, so did he, he sent me an email, and here we are - socko, all over again!

Is that wild or what?!

*!*

Is the internet great, or WHAT???

OOLFAY
No. of Recommendations: 3
OK , this is the choice part: Vive l'Internet! It was first love for both of us in 1944. We lost track of eachother, he did his tour of duty, then tried but never found me again because I changed my name, - 57 years later, I registered at Classmates.com, so did he, he sent me an email, and here we are - socko, all over again!

Is that wild or what?!

Unbelievable!!!!!

Geeeeeeez, you should write a book. Need a ghostwriter?

That's really exciting, cat! I'm so happy for you!

Please keep us posted,
Dan
No. of Recommendations: 3

Some sage advice from your "sons" cat:

None of this: (O)(O), until we've done a thorough background check on your gentleman caller.

The Boys

None of this: (O)(O), until we've done a thorough background check on your gentleman caller.

The Boys

heheh, - I love it! OK, - you boys can check him out. We're still dealing with the time warp, comparing marriages, emailing snapshots decade by decade. Too many miles apart to misbehave, (yet) but atleast we're both in the Pacific Time zone!

cat(occasionally panting)
Cat, that is beautiful... congrats!

CaveGirl
No. of Recommendations: 8
Thank you Cavers, - you too, Dan!

Who's going to make it to the alter first? The youngest Fool or the oldest Fool??

(Probably Dan. The Marine and I have some obstacles to iron out, including reams of family who think they own us....)

My kids are ribbing me mercilessly. When Cliff and I were together the first time, we were both virgins, and we never did IT. (I know, I know, but one 'waited' for marriage in those days) My youngest son - the only one that isn't a grandfather yet, - says "Leave it to Mom to fall in love with the same guy before he knows how, and after he's forgotten!"

-.-

ps (I don't think he's forgotten a thing.)
No. of Recommendations: 8
Who's going to make it to the alter first? The youngest Fool or the oldest Fool??
(Probably Dan. The Marine and I have some obstacles to iron out, including reams of family who think they own us....)

Hehe- should be a nice little contest. Of course we both win either way... we're family by now, right? ;)

Dan