Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm trying to figure out if I can lower my household Adjusted Gross Income below the magic 100k mark to rollover a traditional IRA into a Roth IRA.

Up until May of this year my mother was living in our 2nd home. We marketed the house as a purchase/lease/rental May - July; renters signed a lease and moved in on August 1st.

Given the 3 mos vacancy, maintenance costs, and depreciation we should have a loss on this property for 2004.

Can I deduct this loss from my AGI?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.