Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
G'Day all from an Aussie working in Singapore.

I've been sitting here absorbing all the Foolishness that's abound on this board for some months now and thought that it was about time I joined in. Much thanks to everyone who's posts here as you have contributed much to my steep learning curve and have helped me to finally take the plunge into investing, hopefully in a Foolish way.

As a newbie, and talking of plunges, can anyone give me any ideas why AGL has lost a dollar (~13%) over the last few weeks (ie from the day after I buy it!!). To my inexperienced eye they seem to have a solid financial picture and are tying up some good ventures in and around VIC, ACT and SA.

Is it that it is simply unfashionable vs tech stocks? I am in long, as are all my new aquisitions, but surely there must be something I'm missing.

Not the most exciting of questions to start with but one that is puzzling me.
Thanks in advance
Russnkez
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.