Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 139
agnostic/science Darwinism does not play in Bogalusa

I've already said my piece, but I can't let this go. It's been rolling around with me all day.

"agnostic science" doesn't play? What other kind of science could there be?

Science goes where science goes. It doesn't "have faith", and it doesn't "read the Bible" and it doesn't "pray to Allah", it's just "science."

You want to know how science works with religion? Hitler didn't put resources behind Germany's nuclear program because it was "Jewish science". How did that work out for him?

The Amish don't like electricity because it's not mentioned in the Bible. They're coming along, of course, only 200 years later. Now they allow telephones. As long as they're kept outside, in the mailbox. I don't think there's going to be a lot of Amish computer programmers anytime soon, do you?

How's Islamic science doing these days? Oh, right, they're against "modernity", so instead of studying new discoveries they spend endless hours praying to Mecca five times a day. There was a time, during our own "Dark Ages" when Islamic education and discoveries led the world. And then the fundamentalists got hold of it and stopped everything dead.

Remember Galileo, and how it took 400 years for the Church to admit the simple truth that anyone with a cheap telescope could see? Remember how the Church told you "evolution is impossible"? Remember how they told you the world could only be 6,000 years old? Remember how they said for hundreds of years that "Kings" were the natural order of things?

Religion has no place in science. Neither does superstition, last year's newspaper, or anything else that isn't provable and falsifiable. It's simple, really. Science says "PROVE IT". Religion says "HAVE FAITH". They are completely different.

Science is - by definition - "agnostic."

And I don't give a damn if the people in Nebraska don't like that.

I love you rat, but please, please, please. Don't participate in the dismanteling of the freedom of science to make new discoveries and provide benefits to the entire human race. Let science be science.It is agnostic, and it should be. It's worked pretty well so far, hasn't it?

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.