Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Agree
Spiders are incredible engineers. Ugly? Yup. But what does ugly have to do with effective. Spiders do not negatively effect us...they benefit us by helping to remove those threats that do negatively effect us.

BruceM
Print the post Back To Top
Interesting.
Must be the end-of-warm-weather insect season. We have the same problem here but with box elder bugs. Thousands of them. My fly swatter is about worn out. But they don't last very long...thank goodness.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 0
You guys/gals need to consider a "Bug-A-Salt". Turn the offing of flies into a hunt for the little buggers.
Soon, you'll be leaving your windows and doors open just to invite the pest in for your hunting addiction.

https://www.bugasalt.com/

from the comments --- 'Turns a Mature Adult into a Child Again!'

'Fire your Flyswatter!'
No. of Recommendations: 3
You guys/gals need to consider a "Bug-A-Salt". Turn the offing of flies into a hunt for the little buggers.
Soon, you'll be leaving your windows and doors open just to invite the pest in for your hunting addiction.

https://www.bugasalt.com/

from the comments --- 'Turns a Mature Adult into a Child Again!'

'Fire your Flyswatter!' - wadigo

-------------------

I can vouch for this product. My GF got me one about three years ago and not only is it fun, it is the most effective fly and misc bug killer around. With a regular flyswatter you need to wait for the victim to land on something flat and that something flat needs to be accessible to arc of the swing. Not so with a Bug-a-Salt. You can easily shoot onto uneven surfaces and little nooks where a flyswatter cannot go. It has a pretty good range too so you can assassinate your target from a distance so they are not scared off.
...I can vouch for this product....

I too have two for a couple seasons. This time of year they switch to spider control since October is the Month of the Spider culminating in popularity on the 31st.
In the old days my flyswatter/spiderswatter would get so mucked-up as to need a washing after use. No More, all smiles with easy cleanup.
No. of Recommendations: 6
I too have two for a couple seasons. This time of year they switch to spider control since October is the Month of the Spider culminating in popularity on the 31st.
In the old days my flyswatter/spiderswatter would get so mucked-up as to need a washing after use. No More, all smiles with easy cleanup. - wadigo

-------------------

I am usually merciful when it comes to spiders. If I can catch one indoors, usually with a towel so as not to crush home, I will take him outside where he can hopefully return the favor by catching some moths or mosquitos. Outdoors, I have rescued quite a few daddy long legs from a spiders web as well. The thing I hate about spiders is when they build webs in the low branches of trees and I run my face into them when I am on my tractor.

Just today, I rescued a spider that had hitched a ride on my hummingbird feeders that I just took down for the season. I brought them inside and was washing them in the sink when he appeared. He watched while I finished washing and then was quite agreeable to being caught and released outside.
Agree
Spiders are incredible engineers. Ugly? Yup. But what does ugly have to do with effective. Spiders do not negatively effect us...they benefit us by helping to remove those threats that do negatively effect us.

BruceM
Is it a spotted lantern fly? Invasive and definitely need to kill as many as possible.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lanternfly-invastive-species-pe...

JLC
Yep,that's it.

And they really do a number on tree vitality