Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Agreed, his writeup was very compelling.

On a contrary note, I'm spooked by a couple of things:

1. They don't totally own and control the relationship with the customer. The transaction is consummated between buyer and seller and the buyer's satisfaction is often outside the control of Ebay. They've admittedly addressed this to some degree with the ratings system.

2. There are lots of goods and services that tarnish their brand. Get-rich-quick schemes, guns, etc. I don't want my RMC tarnished by these. Perhaps in time they'll find a way to ween those from the listings.

Maybe this is all more than offset by the truly unique marketplace they've created that could not have been created in the physical world.
All I can say is that before Tom's writeup this one was off my radar, but not anymore.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.