Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ahhhh! Strategic Management Works... well I have to admit that I'm a big cynic, but I guess it depends what your looking for.

I heard Roy speak at a seminar... about a year ago. I was a bit skeptical, but the allure of big bucks proved a little too strong when there was a 'money back if you're not satisfied' promise.

From what I've seen/heard they focus on the motivational side of things. I found it really light on the 'how-to', and really heavy on the hard-sell and hype. Lots of noise, music, dancing around,'barking'/'oinking' (!!!? yep - that was my reaction too - I'm still not sure what that bit about).

Generally lots of talk about possibilities, but very little about practicalities (which was part of the hard sell). It seemed that to find anything out you had to attend a next course (and a next course and a next course), at only a few thousand bucks a pop.

I quit while I felt I was ahead - and I never did hear back about that money back guarantee (despite phone calls, faxes etc).

I know of others who have got right into it... each to their own, but I'm steering clear.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.