Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ahhh...scratch and dent. We have bought all of our appliances and almost all of our furniture from scratch and dent or clearance centers.

Savings include...

$200 on a refrigerator - scratch on the side that would be next to the wall

$490 on front loading washer/gas dryer - who cares about a few scratches when they are in your basement.

$400 on our Lazyboy couch and rocking reclining loveseat combo. I was almost ready to pay full price when I saw my exact set in the clearance center - apparently someone had returned it after 15 days and it couldn't be sold as new.

$200 on a stove - there was a tape mark on the bottom drawer - which I was actually able to remove when I got home.

I love scratch and dent stores. BTW, I actually haggled down all of the prices a little even from the clearance price. My DH always gets embarrassed when I do this, but I think that he has a certain sense of pride when I tell them that I am paying cash and ask for an additional discount.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.