No. of Recommendations: 5
Ahoy! Now you have! LOL

Yes, I'm well, better than ever. Over the past ten years or so I lost over 50 pounds and I'm down to the weight I had as a young adult. Along with the pounds I also lost most of my medications, no more type 2 diabetes, no more cholesterol, no more heart disease. It is really quite amazing, the fat was killing me.

Investing wise I've gone back to more of an NPI type investing seeking out high growth stocks but making sure to avoid anything that looks speculative. Simpy put, great busineses bounce back.

As for Jim, he was always pushing the envelope and asking us to push the envelope. Unfortunately he fell in love with financial stocks that Nassim Nicholas Taleb calls "bad black swan prone stocks." That hit him hard when the market collapsed in 2008. Chief "Kritik" lashed out with malice and Jim eventually just gave up. I can't blame him for not wanting to take the abuse.

Ten years later Mike's charts are still great! I use them a lot.

I wonder what IcyWolf is doing...

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

BMW METHOD EVENTS

The 2009 BMW Method Conference has been cancelled, due to minimum attendance numbers not being met. We hope to continue the annual BMW Method Conference tradition next fall.

Learn about the first four conferences on the BMW Method Website.

The BMW Method FAQ

BMW Method Website
Annual Conference Videos and Other Resources & Services
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.