Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Does it have a future?

“If the future of AIPAC depends on becoming an organization of donors, that means looking to the Orthodox over time, who also happen to be more conservative politically,” Rosen said.

Jeremy Ben Ami, who heads J Street, the liberal Jewish Middle East policy group that at times has positioned itself as AIPAC’s rival, said catering to the Trump and Netanyahu governments would be a death sentence considering the American Jewish community’s political trends.

“The alliance between two leaderships that three-quarters of American Jews disagree with makes it hard to back an organization that exists only to support the Israeli government,” he said. “We’re in an era where the majority of American Jews want to be in opposition.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/what-is-aipacs-role-in-the-age...

Does the average American ever ask or care that so much is spent supporting Israel, do they know where Israel is?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Does the average American ever ask or care that so much is spent supporting Israel, do they know where Israel is?

Well, THIS average American thinks our money is well spent considering who Israel is opposing over there.

IIRC Israel is the only country in the region that supports US!

Just think of all the fun we'll have if the ["Death to America"] Iranians got the bomb.

As to where Israel is, it's right smack in the middle of all those "Death to America" countries.

Israel blamed for explosion at Iran nuclear site

Israel was behind an explosion and fire at Iran's Natanz nuclear complex caused by a "powerful bomb," a Middle Eastern intelligence official with knowledge of the incident told The New York Times on Monday.

A member of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps confirmed to the Times that an explosive was used in the incident as well. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/israel-blamed-for-explosio...
The average American does not exist!

I know where Israel is and i support the nation of Israel's right to exist. I support the right of the citizen's of Israel to defend themselves! I do not support the balkanizing of the remaining Palestinian territory on the west bank! I do not support the ghetto Israel and Egypt have created in Gaza!

I know where Israel is! I know where Jerusalem is! I know where the Dead Sea and the Jordan River are!

I also believe there will never be peace in the Middle East without an economically viable Palestinian state or one nation of Palestinians and Jews. A viable 2 state solution or a one state solution that are the choices for peace. Either that or they will fight until one group is dead or until the Lord returns.
Dave:
Well, THIS average American thinks our money is well spent considering who Israel is opposing over there.

IIRC Israel is the only country in the region that supports US!

Just think of all the fun we'll have if the ["Death to America"] Iranians got the bomb.

As to where Israel is, it's right smack in the middle of all those "Death to America" countries.

I'm not anti Semitic, that is, unless you consider my seeing the creation of Israel after WWII one of the biggest mistakes in my country's history.
If it wasn't for Israel would America be so opposed by the Arab countries. Palestine was/is a region not a country and Jews were a part of it's make-up. The way I see it, with the Jews abilities they could have been the major player in the whole region and of benefit to the whole region. The region was populated before Abraham got there from Basra.
With Iran and American relations which country poses the biggest threat to the other.

American Money spent supporting Israel you consider well spent. What have you got for it other than created enemies you could do without. Control of oil, you had that with your grip on Saudi Arabia.

Where does the money go and what is it spent on. This is quite a long read :

Though Congressmen receive payments and support from the lobby in exchange for their loyalty, the American taxpayer is left footing the bill. As detailed above, the total cost has run from a bare minimum of $121 billion since 1948 (the cost of foreign aid alone) to $1.6 trillion or more, factoring in Defense appropriations, oil crises, the destruction to the USS Liberty (causing the $40 million ship to be scrapped), the heightened risk of terrorism, lost trade and co-opted technology, and countless other factors. If the Iraq war and the increased risk of a war with Iran are factored in, the cost skyrockets even higher.

https://ifamericansknew.org/stat/cost.html#:~:text=According...

This doesn't include the cost of all the civil and miltary human lives wasted in the region.
Remember I posted this snippet awhile back:

Does it have a future?

“If the future of AIPAC depends on becoming an organization of donors, that means looking to the Orthodox over time, who also happen to be more conservative politically,” Rosen said.

Jeremy Ben Ami, who heads J Street, the liberal Jewish Middle East policy group that at times has positioned itself as AIPAC’s rival, said catering to the Trump and Netanyahu governments would be a death sentence considering the American Jewish community’s political trends.

“The alliance between two leaderships that three-quarters of American Jews disagree with makes it hard to back an organization that exists only to support the Israeli government,” he said. “We’re in an era where the majority of American Jews want to be in opposition.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/what-is-aipacs-role-in-the-age......

It would be ironic if Israel that the U.S. has invested so much blood and capital in brings forward the decline of the U.S. Classic tail wagging the dog.

Why bring it up again?
Because I just read this:

It is beginning to dawn on Europeans that the Zionist neo-conservative foreign policy on both Iran and Putin's Russia makes them more vulnerable and far less secure. It is my hope that a comatose American electorate eventually figures this out in terms of their own self-interest and national security.

I said previously Trump is isolating America. The good thing is Americans could probably fare well in isolation.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/451533/U-S-policies-towards...

Maybe America needs another war of independence from a small distant country!?!