Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

Quite right -- the form (in all caps, but I'd prefer not to shout) is titled:

Corrected [this is centered on its own line]
Form SSA-1099 - Social Security Benefit Statement

... and then it has the same boxes the 2018 SSA-1099 had, but with bigger numbers.

As this is the case, then I will file an amended tax return, unless you good people have any better ideas.

I just don't know when. I'll check with TurboTax, the software I used, and see if they have any answers.

Thank you so much for your time and the clarity you brought to this issue, which I found rather confusing.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.