Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
OK... so it's a guy who posts on Political Asylum.

But Albaby1 is a rare voice of sanity in that miasma that draws the rest of us like flies.

In that polarized place, Albaby1 is the person to whom both liberals and conservatives turn when complex legal issues are being discussed.

Both sides want to know his opinion.

He doesn't get rattled, is unfailingly polite, and wonderfully informative.

He's also very smart.

I know. I know. The Motley Fool is a place where investment theory and practice are the primary topics discussed, and you allow boards like Political Asylum to exist so that the oxygen won't get sucked out of the various rooms where investments are actually being talked about in a sane and rational fashion.

I don't even know when the Feste Award is going to take place. Probably not for months- but I nominate Albaby1 for The Feste Award, not because of his investing acumen (though he's no slouch on that score, I'm sure), but because his knowledgeable responses to questions regarding legal complexities in the political sphere go a long way in keeping the rest of us entertained and isolated from the rest of you guys.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I think the Feste Award was finally allowed to die an overdue death due to a shrinking number of nominations and Fools who actually give a damn about it.
No. of Recommendations: 12
I think the Feste Award was finally allowed to die an overdue death due to a shrinking number of nominations and Fools who actually give a damn about it.

The Feste Award made sense when the Motley Fool was a disorganized street fair with a carnival atmosphere. Folks could wander in and stroll about, and the interesting ones could be trotted onto the public green and introduced to all, with all the amazement, amusement, or disdain that seemed appropriate.

When the Gardners joined the ranks of the Wise, the Fool became a collection of gated communities that eliminated strolling. Nominations were now tied to a rock and tossed over the wall, invariably saying something like "you don't know this guy (or gal) - and you never will - but trust me, he (or she) is really Feste-worthy."

Since anonymous rock throwing is neither safe nor fun, interest waned.

That, and Swimdad quit campaigning.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I like and admire Albaby1, but I am plumping for keeping the Feste going and plumping for Saul of Saul's Investing, where I happily lurk and learn and laugh.

Investing as a value creating, important, interesting and even fun activity has been passing through a long long winter, but it would be foolish to stop being Foolish. Saul epitomizes the emotional intelligence and grace that keeps me coming back and keeps me thinking.

Let's make it happen.

david fb
No. of Recommendations: 1
Plus Saul's board is on the public side and in fact anyone can still wander by and be entertained, amused, and above all enlightened.

David
No. of Recommendations: 5
I like and admire Albaby1, but I am plumping

We all are, david. We all are.