Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Alistair,

I was under the impression that the All Ords Index is equivalent to the Dow Jones index,not the Dow Jones Averages (top 30) mentioned in the Motley Fool book 'You have more than you think.' I thought perhaps our 20 Industrial leaders might be the same? I am new to investing on the share market but am keen to learn.

I was rather hoping there were a few more people using the Foolish Four approach for Australian shares.

I have looked back through the archives, some of this has been useful. What it does clarify for me is that there is a general lack of information about Australian shares, discount brokers etc. I am relieved, since I thought I was looking in the wrong places!

Kathy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.