Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Alistair,
Like I said before, not much action in N. America either. We just wait and see. In the meantime ~4% dividend will have to do.

As to the outcome of Vienna meeting today: well, I am not expecting much, other than temporary bounce up of oil prices (already in effect since Riyadh). Bottom line is that country like Venezuella will not reduce production simply due to it's internal political pressure (read: they need oil revenues just to keep internal order). Mexico needs revenues as well and their hope is through increase of market share in US. Norway mostly, but others as well, in North Sea are not likely to decrease their production since all this production infrastructure is all new (after all, it all costs big bucks - and payments need to be made). Same goes for east coast of Canada (production just started, yet billions have been spent so far). All this said, biggest stumbling block to higher oil prices is the fact that: N. America, by far the largest energy consumer, no longer cares for supplies from Middle East. The Atlantic Basin production just went through (and still going through) a major growth phase. This means that purchase of Middle Eastern oil will only be for political reason (read: it's cheap, it will be used to keep local producers in check). So, the bottom line: I see oil trading more-less in US$ 13 - 16 range, with lows hitting US$11, at times. This scenario should stay in place for at least couple of years.... maybe more. Back to you....

Casey...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.