Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 21
Much in the vein of If you give a Mouse a Cookie

I'd been away for 4 days, had been home for almost 18 hours and I went into the kitchen to boil an egg.

The pot to use was in the sink, so I washed it.
As I was crossing the kitchen to put it on the stove, I discovered, the hard way, that a dog had yakked on the floor.
Reached for paper towels* to find the roll empty, so I grabbed a cloth from the *dog towel* drawer and cleaned it up.
Went into the bathroom to rinse cloth in toilet and wash my foot and realized the bathtub drain was clogged and the toilet was gawdawful (what happens when I am away?).
Washed foot, unclogged drain. Cleaned toilet, rinsed off dog towel.
Realized while cleaning toilet that toilet paper was almost out, with no back up.
Hung dog towel outside, replaced paper towels, restocked back up TP.
Went to recycle paper towel tube and indoor recycle bin was full.
Carried indoor bin outdoors and emptied.
While outside, gave directions to a passing motorist.

Ten minutes later realized that I still hadn't yet boiled the egg.

peace & distractions
t

*Obligatory LBYM tie in - only one "open" roll of paper towels :-)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.