Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 21
Much in the vein of If you give a Mouse a Cookie

I'd been away for 4 days, had been home for almost 18 hours and I went into the kitchen to boil an egg.

The pot to use was in the sink, so I washed it.
As I was crossing the kitchen to put it on the stove, I discovered, the hard way, that a dog had yakked on the floor.
Reached for paper towels* to find the roll empty, so I grabbed a cloth from the *dog towel* drawer and cleaned it up.
Went into the bathroom to rinse cloth in toilet and wash my foot and realized the bathtub drain was clogged and the toilet was gawdawful (what happens when I am away?).
Washed foot, unclogged drain. Cleaned toilet, rinsed off dog towel.
Realized while cleaning toilet that toilet paper was almost out, with no back up.
Hung dog towel outside, replaced paper towels, restocked back up TP.
Went to recycle paper towel tube and indoor recycle bin was full.
Carried indoor bin outdoors and emptied.
While outside, gave directions to a passing motorist.

Ten minutes later realized that I still hadn't yet boiled the egg.

peace & distractions
t

*Obligatory LBYM tie in - only one "open" roll of paper towels :-)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
The last time this happened to me, I ground the concrete in the basement and epoxied the floors.

The egg was had, some 2 weeks later.
No. of Recommendations: 0
SSM!!!

peace & you're missed
t
No. of Recommendations: 1
I’m not that highly missable. I live vicariously through my now 5’8” nearly 13 y/o rocker - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CYxSkv_ycHI

I don’t like work. May be done with that forever in 7ish years. About the time she’ll be done with college.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I’m not that highly missable. I live vicariously through my now 5’8” nearly 13 y/o rocker

I am sure we missed out on some good parent- child stories with her.

Glad you still drop in once a year.
Everyone is just getting old...
the boy is 29, the elf is 19
GoMC remains in the vicinity of the couch, i travel a lot less, but still doing-the-same-thing-only-different.

Have more years remaining in the work force than I'd like to consider, but healthy and able to continue working, so it's good enough.
Half-heartedly geography shopping for a 7-to-10-years-from-now place...but if i start doing renovations to the current house, might end up staying, because then i will want to live there (and will have spent all my relocation $$.)

peace & hourglasses
t
No. of Recommendations: 3
I’m not that highly missable. I live vicariously through my now 5’8” nearly 13 y/o rocker - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CYxSkv_ycHI

I don’t like work. May be done with that forever in 7ish years. About the time she’ll be done with college.

Mine is 14 but only 5'1".

We're looking at stopping when she finishes high school.

You're still missed. Or mist. Or something.

-synchronicity
No. of Recommendations: 2
Does she want to marry Ryan Gosling also? It seems all hetero females do. Probably some non-hetero ones also. I think I would marry that swoony devil.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Does she want to marry Ryan Gosling also? It seems all hetero females do. Probably some non-hetero ones also. I think I would marry that swoony devil.

Ya know you're getting old when...
You have no idea who the swoony devil of the day is.