Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
All men will know you are my disciples if you love one another.

I was scheduled to lead singing at church around July 4th, the minister asked if I would lead the Star Spangled Banner. I told him no. He was surprised because around the national holidays like Memorial Day, Veterans Day and the 4th, I frequently would lead America, Battle Hymn and other hymns like that. He asked me why, and I told him that the national anthem was not a hymn. I do not want a US nor a state flag in a church that i attend, nor would I participate in a pledge of allegiance as part of a worship service. I do not care where my brothers nor my sisters national allegiance is, i only care if he loves the Lord and is following Him.
I would not turn in an illegal immigrant if I knew one, I would not leave a church that gave sanctuary to an illegal immigrant if I worshiped with them. I believe that feeding the hungry, caring for the sick, visiting prisoners, teaching the gospel should be priorities in our lives.
I love my country, I am able to love and pray for our governing authorities including President Trump. I am ashamed of this administration and the way they are treating widows and orphans and families on our borders and am currently unable to love our government. Our government seems to be serving the father of lies and is propagating hate and fear.
I am not afraid of immigrants, I have great sorrow for those who encourage or approve the actions of our government on our southern border.

Romans 14:22 ..... Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.