Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
All this optimism while President Bush was in office....

Now comes Obama and we get this from you:

If my prediction comes true, recovery is still six to eight years in the future! How will we survive the Obama Depression?

You certainly are an entertaining poster. And I've learned a thing about a stock or two when you stay on point. But your political posts are so blindly partisan they make me chuckle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTTsyk-pyd8

Rock on Fool: HardRain

Frankly it's an honor to be followed that closely. Thank you!

The first two posts you reference are dated August and September 2008. By then George Bush had been a lame duck for quite a few months, in other words, irrelevant, so don't take my earlier optimism as approval for Bush. It wasn't. If anything, a slight hope that McCain/Palin might win.

I admit that I find Obama economically depressing. What I find particularly irksome is his approval and support for the fat cat Wall Street bankers. By now a true Liberal Democrat would have brought in the trust busters and chopped the mega-banks into smaller, safe-to-fail banks. Instead, Obama brings in Tim Geithner, a NY Fed fat cat whose job description is to support the Wall Street mega-banks. That some American tax payers don't howl at this abuse is quite beyond me.

Economically Obama is acting like the president of any banana republic and I should know since I live in one. The economy will not forgive Obama. Presidents who mismanage the economy like Crater and Bush Sr. did, are not reelected.

I'm not that partisan at all. With the exception of Mrs. Clinton's health care program, I didn't have a problem with the Clintons. I never liked either Bush. Before the late 1980s I didn't pay much attention to American politics in any case. But now that my portfolio is strongly affected by American politics, I'm very much concerned. Like Clinton said: "It's the Economy, Stupid!"

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.