Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
All through all of this, people on this board and elsewhere repeated, whenever the topic came up, that it was impossible --or at least highly impractical-- to try and take advantage of this discrepancy, for various reasons... and I continued to observe that in fact it was quite plausible, and at times downright easy.

That's great. I did write about it several times back in early 2009 and it was discussed elsewhere on occasion. It is not the only time I didn't act when perhaps I should have. Part of the issue is that most, but not all, of my Berkshire holdings were in taxable accounts at that time.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.