Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi All!

I'm searching for new books. Please list your all-time favorites. Please try to limit your list to the top 1-3, any genre. Thanks! (XP'g on other book boards.)

To get things started:

3) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. This is an excellent story of an autistic boy who sets out to solve the murder of his neighbor's dog, using the methods of Sherlock Holmes. As he is forced to overcome his worst fears, this kid is as heroic as Indiana Jones.

2) The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. It's an epic story of justified vengeance set against the backdrop of Napoleanic France. This used to be my number one until I read the following.

1) The Complete Stories of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (4 novels and several short stories). Holmes is such a clearly drawn character that it's very easy to believe that he's real. I love his confidence and cold calculations. I wanted to cry when I read the last story. I did not want to let the character go.

Thanks!
Lieve
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.