Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
All very good questions, tax hikes without a doubt, harm to HC companies sure, maybe a min wage hike also.

The Senate map is not as good for Dems as it would seem with Rs having 22 seats to defend and Dems 12 seats including the special election in AZ.

Doug Jones a D in an R+14 Bama seat would seem to be toast. That puts Rs up 4 seats before any possible VP tiebreak [let's leave POTUS party aside for now]

Dems could hold Zona. They have a shot at Rs in CO and IA. It's hard for me to see them taking Susan Collins' seat, although of course anything can happen.

If they don't - where does that 50th seat come from? David Purdue in an R+5 southern state? Texas or 3 other R+9 states? With POTUS on the ballot I find that very difficult although not impossible to believe. And to get to 51 Dems would need to run AZ, IA, CO, ME, GA and a 6th and not lose any save AL [or win there again, highly doubtful].

How do you calculate Joe Manchin, D, WVa, who voted with POTUS 61% of the time, although against the tax cuts...? He may not be willing to vote for tax hikes in an economically depressed state. Same for a large min-wage increase. I dunno.

What if Cory Booker is the nominee? That seat is now up for grabs. Etc.

People hate Congress but love their Senators for some reason.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.