Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My 401 K is handled by T Rowe Price. I've posted before on my bearish outlook, and having just readjusted my contributions, I thought I'd run it past the board.

A little context - I'll be leaving the country this summer and no longer contributing to the 401K. Though I have every intention of opening another retirement fund, my income is likely to be less than half of what I'm making now. I have approximately 20 years until retirement. I worry about the dollar devaluing and a long term recession here for the next few years. I have approximately $100,000 saved so far, with $60,000 in this 401K.

The current distribution is as follows: Artisan Int'l (ARTIX) 20%, Balanced Fund (RPBAX) 30%, Equity Income (PRFDX) 20% and Spectrun Income (RPSIX) 30%.

There is no money market/CD option in my plan. (Yes, I'm even thinking about cashing out for a year or so - how bad do you think that could be?) I'll probably be posting further about my other funds.

Thanks!!
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.