No. of Recommendations: 11
Back in June I posted about having access to a high speed scanner and getting papers scanned and shredded. I basically emptied out a file drawer back then.

Well this week I got even more done. There are no more files or papers in the "please scan" file. The purchase agreements for the vehicles are scanned. Service records scanned. Tax documents scanned. That doesn't mean I'm done! Now it's time to go through closets and drawers and see if there are any sneaking little piles hiding from me.

I'd like to get to the point the only real paper still around is what's in the lock box: social security cards, birth certificates, marriage license, titles, and wills. Even my cross stitch magazines are getting scanned (the patterns I like only, not whole magazines).

Here is a reason to stay on top of organization: When I snagged a pile of papers from a desktop tray I realized that we had been leaving last year's tax papers including our W2s out where the cleaning people could see them if they were so inclined to go through the stack!

Lara Amber
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.