Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Joseph's novel The Fugitive Trail Angel surprised me. The right person will think it's a great one. It nails the feelings of a young man and a young woman who are sort of hanging together and yet feeling predisposed to remain alone. The epilog is also dead on I found, what happens to such people over time. I think I saw a little of me somewhere in there.

http://www.amazon.com/Fugitive-Trail-Angel-Joseph-Mailander-...

Best to you,

Saz
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
What does happen to such people over time? Asking for a friend.
No. of Recommendations: 1
What does happen to such people over time? Asking for a friend.

The book's opinion, towards the end:

The years passed like a long string of camels from caravanserai to caravanserai through the desert. They ferried exotic goods through luxurious slow summers and carried nothing into still twilights. They passed through sunrises and the fearsome sandstorms. Five, ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty-five. These were the years in which I made my identity, even my life.

Some years were packed with comforts; some with ordinary goods I mistook for rare treasures; some were filled with the tawdry and the voluptuous, some toted the truly rarefied, and the essential books and maps, and some only packed bread, wine, water, and the barest of essentials. Some years simply fell to their knees and died, and we hacked them apart and buried them piecemeal and raided their sacks and sold off what we didn’t need and bought cheap pleasures with the money we made.

&c.

Best to you,

Saz