Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Also, add to this list "rewards" that aren't, really. I mean, my old boss used to "treat" us to breakfast. Work starts at 7:30 AM, so that means meeting at 6:00 AM somewhere. I am not hungry at 6:00 AM, and I'm not feeling rewarded by the chance to get up at 5:00 AM to make the half-hour drive to the restaurant where we're eating. The cherry on this poop sundae? The reward breakfast is a) mandatory attendance, according to my boss, but b) not time I can charge for. Um, are those things not contradictory? Ah, but it's all the in the name of team-building.

Oh I remember going thru this too. I can top yours though. A few of our team were Moslem, and the 6:30 breakfast was during Ramadan, so these employees couldn't even eat the breakfast (fasting, you know).

Kind of insensitive.

Not to mention that they had sit through the sights and smells of the eggs and bacon everyone else was gobbling up.

That must have sucked.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.