Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

Also can I still contribute 1900 to a simple IRA which I have through another job, to reach my limit of 10500 of tax deferred income?

I doubt it. The amount is OK, but AFAIK, SIMPLE contributions must be through salary deduction, and it's too late to do so for year 2000. However, I find the SIMPLE rules far from simple. Check with the employer or plan representative.

The simple IRA is set up from my own business where I am the only employee. I think that I can contribute to this simple IRA through APRIL 15 2001 if I am the self employed and the only employee. Does this sound right? I will check with the fund company that administers the IRA

Thanks for the advice about reporting my overpayment

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.