Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Also, don't most divorced couples alternate each year on who gets the tax deduction for the child? My ex takes it every year even though the child is w/ me for primary custody, and he only pays $400 a month in CS?

I take the tax deduction for my daughter. My ex and I do not alternate on this.

If your son is 6, perhaps your should broach the subject with your ex and tell him how your son is feeling. Your son may be too young to tell your ex how he feels. One you fill your ex in, then he and your son can take it from there. btw.. I know this goes without saying, but if there are any ill feelings between you and your ex, you must set them aside for your son's sake.

My daughter is 12 and she makes all her plans with her dad. If she has to cancel for a birthday party, girl scouts, etc., she will call and tell him. Or I will tell him when he calls. He calls my daughter every day and they are close. You do not have to physically visit with someone every single weekend to be close to them.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.