No. of Recommendations: 0
Also, just because there is "no risk" associated with a Check Card transaction, that doesn't mean that it costs any less to process the transaction.

If there is no risk in issuing Check Cards...then why did I have go through a credit check inorder to get one. When I first moved to the United States...I was declined a Check Card, because I had no credit history (though I got one about 3 months later).

And, I was thinking that after I pay off all my credit cards..that I might opt for using my check card for everything (except for online transactions, since I've already had the false online charges on a previous check card).

Actually, there is also risk to Visa....VISA offers the same level of protection against fraud on check cards as regular cards....except that until you call Visa the money is already missing from your account, and they can't seem to block false recurring charges (other than cancelling and reissuing). Don't know about Mastercard, have never had one of their check cards.

The Dreamer.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.