Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Also: not sure what the numbers would be, but if we do rally hard enough and long enough, I will likely short the indexes, and maybe even some of the stocks I think are overpriced.

My inexperience with shorts probably cost me a ton of money since December. I wouldn't have gone all-in short on the market, but I could see a 20% allocation with the rest in cash, and that would have been self-reinforcing to stick with not deploying too much too early in long stocks. Or at the very least, it could have offset my mistakes with UPST and GLBE and others. Have to check, but believe it was April that killed my YTD returns so far, as I had finished March even.

Woulda coulda shoulda.

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.