Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Also, "obsolete" is a given. When you buy your car it's already obsolete. There are new features, new tech, already in the works for the next year's models (perhaps even two years out).

Not sure about your NYC example. A divided highway with no cross-streets should be a lot easier than city streets with pedestrians, cyclists, drivers trying to change lanes at the last second, "men at work" signs, etc.

Just my intuition.

I'm less optimistic than you, regardless. After seeing the NOVA about autonomous driving, I think we're a really long way off from that. Maybe on interstates where all the traffic is going the same direction. But I never really appreciated how complex of a task is driving until I saw the program. We humans do it with ease (mostly), but trying to get a machine to do it is immensely difficult. If you haven't seen it, it's a great program. Well worth watching if you're at all interested in the topic.

1pg
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.