Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Although I am early I solicit your vote. MichaelR for The Feste Award Fourth Class with (simulated) Gold Braid. It means so much to me and, without it, I may just roll over and die. Your choice: the award or my death. You choose.
===*===

Allusions to past covers of National Lampoon ["buy the magazine or we'll shoot this dog"] notwithstanding I do think it's time for Ol' Motley to give brother Read at least some acknowledgement re The Feste Award lest next year he sink even further [fifth class, sixth, lower?] in his search for approbation, perhaps Miss Congeniality?

Y.O.S.

Raggmopp

Mopps, ol' buddy, there ain't no lower class than The Feste Award Fourth Class with (simulated Gold Braid since the requirement for it is breathing on a regular basis.

The Feste Award itself has a higher standard (able to leap tall buildings, etc.) as has been shown by the winners and runners up (TJ missed by that much in almost stopping a speeding locomotive).

Look at last year's winner, bookgrrl: writes beautifully, mench down to her clavicles, and her posts are content stuffed and didn't need to resort to bribery; I on the other hand, couldn't even get even get a nod for The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster even though I wrote passionately about my boat, my new GPS (which is extraordinary, by the way), my fishing expeditions, my new downriggers, and my – and this hurt because this is LBYM down to your socks – successes is using washed ZipLock bags for storing the loose change that enabled me to buy not one but two pints of gas (enough to traverse the driveway) for my full-size SUV.

I am resigned to being the Rodney Dangerfield of TMF. More accurately, the Harold Gribney. Never heard of him? Ha! Point made.

Plus, I don't have that blue cap any more. That counts, you know. I had it, then I didn't, then I had it, then I didn't – it got to the point that I wondered, “Do I have the scourge of halitosis'? Wouldn't my best friends tell me? Am I a candidate for a Listerine commercial?

Mopps, I got an e-mail from a poster here at TMF complaining about The Interview that Never Was that said I should really bush up on those interviewed because, “They come across as so much smarter than you and you come across as not prepared'. I wrote back saying I'd do better next time. Which is a bugger because the next Interview is with President Nixon and I don't know a damn thing about jimmying locks.

Oh well, life goes on. I am off fishing with a house guest in a few minutes. When I come back I'll write a nice, long, scrolly post on it mentioning the GPS. Maybe that will help my quest.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.