Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
although I will point out that you don't get nearly as much personal property coverage. But since you're not living there, unless you're renting the property out as furnished, presumably, you wouldn't have nearly as much personal property that would be at risk.

We had a fire in our rental property. It was caused by a damaged power strip owned by the tenats.
Our Landlord policy considered window treatments and non-built in appliances personal property. They were covered at a lower rate. Overall, a minimal amount of the loss given the structure was more than a 90% loss.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.