Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Although I'm generally very positive about EBIX's outlook, I'm not very positive about this arrangement. It looks to me to essentially operate as a poison pill to discourage a takeover. If I'm calculating this correctly, a company that decides to acquire EBIX would have to calculate in about a half billion dollar loss to the company in a payout to the CEO. It's not clear how that is helpful to current shareholders. The stated reason concerning an intent to incentivize the CEO to seek the highest price for a takeover doesn't make much sense. He already is a huge shareholder of the company and would no doubt have a very large personal motivation to get the highest payment possible--even without this new arrangement.

I'm a bit mixed about it, though. I'm a long term shareholder and plan to continue to be one. And while a takeover might give shareholders a large immediate gain, we might be better off without a takeover and the ability to participate in EBIX's growth over the years to come. But still, I'm not all that pleased with the arrangement.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.