Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Although the appliance-like reliability of the current automotive fleet is a genuine cause for celebration, it has one unfortunate side effect. Because working on cars is no longer common, very few gearheads are being created.

I have no desire to own another one, but I have come to appreciate the time that I owned a pair of Triumphs GT6es. It took two to make one of them run. I spent about the same amount of time working on them and driving them. They made driving a real adventure, and I grew to enjoy the absurdity of it. Every time that I actually got to where I was going, I felt like jumping out of the car, raising my arms, and yelling "Yes! I made it!"

These days, cars can be used as transportation appliances. How many motoring enthusiasts will be left when the age of the self-driving car dawns? That day is just around the corner.

Neil
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.