Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Normally I take thestreet.com for what it is, entertainment w/ sometimes a helpful insight.  However, I always like to see what someone else has to say, because "out of the mouths of babes..." 

Anyway, this guy Altucher, who apparently wrote a book on Buffett, says that Buffett could be lying about the recession in order for him to artificially deflate the stock market, which in turn allows Buffett to buy a bunch of companies on the cheap. 

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/video/strategysession/10406106.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Even though Altucher looks like a guy I new from my high school chem II class that "accidentally" created a concoction that released acid vapor into our lab room, and "accidentally" mixed  potasium metal with water which created a small explosion in the lab (http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/chem99/chem99093.htm).... he may actually have a point.  It's not like Buffett is Bernanke, and supposedley informing us of his real thoughts. 

I know, I know "but Buffett is giving all his money away to charity, why would he dupe the investment community"?  Because, Buffett likes doing what he does best, and that is invest.  It's not about the money, its just doing something he loves to do.  Is that malfeasence?  Not really, its just a little misdirection to convince Mr. Market to give him something on sale.

I think someone had a Buffett quote once that said... "I like a sure thing, like shootin fish in a barrel, after all the water has been let out".

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.