Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Always a pleasure and thanks for the timely reminder.

Every so often you get the most pleasant surprise.

Full disclosure: I'm a comic book geek. I've been reliving my childhood for a number of years with them as my main portal and it's been an absolute hoot, especially as I've been able to take it to the next level (no, I don't do the costuming thing. I tell my beloved all the time that if she sees me squeezing into spandex to please call the authorities as I've obviously snapped my cap), but for over a decade now I've been able to search out and interview many of the classic creators.

So just yesterday I discovered that one of them, whose 89th birthday just happens to be today, will be traveling to the Denver Comic Con this weekend. I quickly secured tickets and will at last get to meet the guy I first spoke to (and have many times since) on the phone 10 years ago.

I'm really excited about this and they say one of the keys to happiness is having something to look forward to, so this Friday should be a great day!

All the best to each of you and may you have great things to anticipate as well.

Prof
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.