Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
ALWAYS enjoy your reviews. The rose on AMSC's bush of thorns is the 2020 election. According to the first debate (Night 2), Ms. Warren wants to increase R&D spending for green technologies by 10-fold.

I own a couple stocks with 2020 in mind. Ballard has been a budding opportunity for decades. Maybe its third decade will be when it blooms. Speaking of Bloom, my wife owns BE and she has done great over the years picking tech winners. Here long-term holds include Apple and Facebook. She recently purchased Bloom Energy and Google.

Back to 2020.

There are a number of companies working on green hydrogen (like XON and XOM) but I also follow FCEL -- which just reverse split for 1-for-10 in late 2018. Yikes! And then the stock tanked all the way down to $.17 -- but FCEL can produce hydrogen from its tri-model fuel cell which Toyota is testing in LA/Long Beach harbor. FCEL is a fuel cell or three orders away from getting its operations back on track. The hundreds of millions have been spend to find the technology solutions. These old-horses like BLDP, XON, GEVO (for green energy), and FCEL need a boost into pilot or larger projects. We are NOT 10 years away from these solutions if government spending gets ramped up and gets a made-in-America requirement. I like these companies if Ms. Warren wins the presidency.

AMSC has been a hard-love stock. It's always lacked a government sponsor and the Chinese theft should have been handled like the theft it was. I think Ms. Warren is serious about R&D. Battered but technically alive alternative technology stocks might be the big winners if she wins.

Just a thought and not an indication how I will vote. I am a lifelong registered D voter...

W.D.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.