Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I have recently ordered a lot of food items for a group hiking trip from Amazon.

I did the same thing 2+ years ago and then the local Walmart pricing was consistently 20% lower than Amazon.

Today Amazon's pricing is competitive, plus I could get a lot of things on Amazon not available at the local Walmart.

Shipping time? Consistently two days. I knew that I would never get 1 day shipping where I live, but after 8-10 orders under the new 1 day shipping policy. Every order from Amazon came in two days without exception.

A couple of freeze dried items from 3rd party vendors shipped outside the Amazon/USPA logistics system and took 3-4 days.

Every item was satisfactory, no near or past expiration items and I check them all.

I haven' been this satisfied with Amazon in several years.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.