Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Last week was a downer for most stocks, yet AMBA kept skyrocketing. Again today, the market was down, but AMBA held the loss to a minimum. The stock is now at $117 vs a sale recommendation at $73-$75 a few short weeks ago. I am not being critical of the recommendation to sell a partial position as there was great opportunity to take some profit on a dramatic short term rise in price. I am still puzzled however by the soft following and corresponding lack of posts. I am not aware of any stock that has seen such a spectacular rise in price over the last few weeks, yet following the sell recommendation, the boards have been quiet. Given the circumstance, I expected a host of comments that could perhaps shed some light on the price spike and strategy moving forward. Not to poke too hard at the fact, but since the sell recommendation a few weeks ago, the stock has moved up over 50%!!! Is there any other holding in the MF portfolio that has equaled this performance? Am I the only one still holding this position?? I did sell some at $95 about a week after the partial sell recommendation, but I am still holding the balance at $117. Any thoughts???
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.