Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
While completing my 2001 tax return, I realized I missed the deduction for "points paid on purchase of principle residence" on my 2000 tax return. TurboTax shows I would have gotten back an additional $1049 using this deduction. Is it too late to file an ammended return? If not how is this done? Is it possible to use Turbotax to file this amendment?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.