Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
This should be a quick one....

I filed my taxes early this year & have already received my return. After I got my return I found that one of my charitable contributions never went through (a small amount, less than $100). I also realized I didn't declare some income that wasn't on my W-2s, $1950 worth.

Obviously I'll be more careful next year...but this year, do I just file an amended return? I will have to write them a small check.

Thanks --

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.