Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was planning to amend my 1999 tax return and I got a copy of the form (1040X), which was only one page and seemed very simple. But the instructions that went with the form say that I am to submit all the accompanying schedules and, apparently, a brand new complete tax return for that year. Yikes! So what I'm thinking now is to photocopy the old forms and schedules that remain unchanged, and fill out some new forms and schedules for the parts that have changed. Does this sound right?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.