Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 24

I know this appeared on NADA, but here again are the words of two more of the world's great monstrous men:

_____

JERRY FALWELL: ....the Husseins, the Bin Ladens, the Arafats, what we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact, if in fact God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.

PAT ROBERTSON: Jerry, that's my feeling....

JERRY FALWELL: The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, yes....

JERRY FALWELL: ...The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen'.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur...

http://www.pfaw.org/issues/liberty/robertson_falwell.shtml

Feel like lining up for another chorus of God Bless America shoulder to shoulder with men like this? Bad enough they want our sons to die in worthless desert sands, and blame terrorism on liberals, but they also want our daughters to die in back alleys, and gays and lesbians to bend their sex drives in ways contrary to their essence. And they want to point their crooked finger at the people who most actively defend the Bill of Rights too, except for that wondrous Second Amendment of theirs.

That's why I keep calling these people who adhere to these likes bumcuff--they are. I cannot stand in union with them.

jps
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
<<PAT ROBERTSON: Jerry, that's my feeling....

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, yes....

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur...>>

You have to admit it's difficult to argue with such eloquent rhetoric.

No wonder he's so popular.

-chris
Feel like lining up for another chorus of God Bless America shoulder to shoulder with men like this? Bad enough they want our sons to die in worthless desert sands, and blame terrorism on liberals, but they also want our daughters to die in back alleys, and gays and lesbians to bend their sex drives in ways contrary to their essence. And they want to point their crooked finger at the people who most actively defend the Bill of Rights too, except for that wondrous Second Amendment of theirs.

You forgot eating.
Falwell is obviously really really into eating.

AM
No. of Recommendations: 1
In Robertson's defense, he has since stated that he didn't know what the hell Falwell was talking about.

He was being a polite host... cut him some slack, for Christ's sake.

swimdad
No. of Recommendations: 9
In Robertson's defense, he has since stated that he didn't know what the hell Falwell was talking about.

He was being a polite host... cut him some slack, for Christ's sake.

swimdad

He didn't know what the hell Falwell was talking about and yet he concurred totally? That's like admitting you are the stupidest human on the planet. O well... 'bout time he fessed up.

AM
No. of Recommendations: 31
Falwell: The pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America, I point the finger in their face and say, 'You helped this happen'.

To be fair to Falwell, consider his apology, which read in part:

Falwell: I sincerely regret that comments I made during a theological discussion on a Christian television program were taken out of their context and reported... I was sharing my burden for revival in America on a Christian TV program, intending to speak to a Christian audience from a theological perspective about the need for national repentance.

So you see, his remarks were intended for consumption only by a Christian audience and were taken out of context. When he pointed his finger in the face of pagans, abortionists, feminists, gays, lesbians, and the ACLU and said, 'You helped this happen,' he didn't think they were actually in the room.
I was sharing my burden for revival in America on a Christian TV program, intending to speak to a Christian audience from a theological perspective about the need for national repentance.

Telling the Xians who they needed to blame. Right, we got that the first time.
So you see, his remarks were intended for consumption only by a Christian audience and were taken out of context. When he pointed his finger in the face of pagans, abortionists, feminists, gays, lesbians, and the ACLU and said, 'You helped this happen,' he didn't think they were actually in the room.

It just gets worse with every bit of information.

I don't know what is going on with these guys. They didn't used to be so hateful, so quick to judge. I've never agreed with much of what people like Falwell say. About the only religious figure of stature I can think of I admire is Billy Graham (assuming Jimmy Carter is really a layman). It seems to me, that the older these guys get, the worse they get. I thought the Holy Spirit transformed? You know, worked over time. Graham is the exception, it seems.

Do you think they are now simply too old to calculate quickly how their words will play? Or do you think they are running out of patience, as so many of our older friends do? Or are they becoming increasingly less humble?

None of it is good.

Rick
No. of Recommendations: 0
Telling the Xians who they needed to blame. Right, we got that the first time.

Which "first time". There are a lot of 'em....
No. of Recommendations: 0
Which "first time". There are a lot of 'em....

I neglected to add "throughout history". My bad.

Quittin' time...