Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The comments about the change are about right. Though it will not cause me to change my buy and hold methods.
I think that there should be even more free services at higher levels than the current $100,000 limit. If the company does not know by this time where the break even points are on service costs and where the current and potential customers are positioned then it should have stayed where it was and announced a structure that would be constant for a given time period of six months or a year. Even if limit orders are more costly to process the fee structure should have been only to recover costs.

I am afraid the accountants called this turn not the sales staff. Most financial people are not marketing smart and many sales types would give away the farm. That is the job of management to really make money by finding the correct mix of service and fees.

If this announcement is greeted with negative comments and actions by customers there will have to be an adjustment of some fees. This will be viewed by investors as a search for a direction and that is not what makes stock price increase.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.