Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Went to wikiarms.com today to see what the prices are. Forget the prices there is half a page of .45 available and a full page or so of 9mm. Never mind the crazy prices there simply is NO supply.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
of course i'm kidding... but, 'if you find a supply of ammo, buy a bunch, then buy the gun that will fire it'. A gun with no ammo is a paperweight.
(still hoping to find some 209A primers and/or AA shotshells. unavailable since september)
No. of Recommendations: 2
I have plenty stocked up but not enough to go have fun for the next year without buying more.
At the current prices it's just too much to spend $300 give or take for 30 minutes of fun.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I'm going to remove my guns from the safe and replace it with my ammo. It's worth more.

PSU
Good reading just out from 'American Rifleman'. I found the article on-line and not behind a paywall. The online-article date is Dec. 17th, although it is in this months AR magazine print edition.
Following the link are a couple snippets:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/12/17/the-gre...

...Ammunition purchasers across America—or make that would-be purchasers in record numbers—are finding shelves bare, and unfortunately that’s hardly breaking news. If this was simply a Christmas-season run, we could insert a Grinch joke here and assume things would return to normal after the holidays. But, in fact, this shortage, as many readers can attest, traces back at least to spring when COVID mania shocked the country and has since intensified under an unprecedented chain of cultural phenomena. Many gun owners feel that the only way to ensure they have ammo when they need it is to buy in bigger-than-normal quantities, and the result is hoarding...

...“Ammunition is the new toilet paper....

Much more at the link.

also, for your reading pleasure is:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/1/23/ammo-sho...
During all 2020 I could get 5.45x39 AK74 ammo for a reasonable price, it seemed to be the overlooked caliber and while inflated it was not at rip-off prices. Today I'm lucky if wikiarms.com shows anything list at all, the page is usually blank. Now when it does show up it's a little more than 7.62x39 AK74 ammo. Just crazy. I'd rather $5 a roll for toilet paper instead of .60 cents to a $1 a round for a single bullet.