Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I got all the way through my taxes - well almost - when I discovered that I need to figure my AMT to see how much of the child care credit I can actually take.

My confusion is this, Part IV of the AMT (form 6251) asks you to enter amounts from Schedule D and then in parantheses it states (as refigured for the AMT, if necessary). When is it necessary to refigure your schedule D amounts for the AMT? I'm hoping I won't have to do this.

Can anyone help?

Thank you so much,
Suzanne Boyd
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.