No. of Recommendations: 0
Amy, Key West is in the top five most expensive places to vacation (it may have "won" most expensive a couple of years back), so expect to pay some bucks. You might come out better with a condo rental in Truman Annex, but I would be surprised if you find many that wil rent for less than a full week. Might be worth a try, though.

KeyWestAccomodations.com (I think that's it; might have to do a search) lists what's available. The least expensive will be the big chains in New Town (Hampton Inn, etc.). Nothing wrong with them, but you'll be away from the party spots and the nearest beach tends to be closed due to e.coli problems. OTOH, the lesser price might make up for cab rides to and from the Duval St. area.

Good luck! Key West is one of my favorite spots. After a couple of years on not geting to go there, we're planning a trip the middle of April, and I can't wait!

Kathryn
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.